Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Words of Advice

Turn verbal diarrhea into alphabetized diarrhea. Everyday. Easier said than done. Which is why I'm doing it. To prove a point. Mostly to myself. And who better to make a point too. As long as things keep moving forward each and everyday, no matter how small and minuscule, as long as the movement is always in that forwardly direction and not in reverse, then that's all you can really do. And that's all I'm doing. Forward motion. In written verse. And cinematic image. Fused into one montage induced seizure. Maybe seizure's the wrong word. Maybe the right word is brain fuck. But maybe curse words are too strong. Let's try montage induced delirium. That's probably what I'm going for.

Tomorrow commences my return to The Drifting Classroom, Kazuo Umezu's mammoth masterpiece, so that I may partake of Nobuhiko Obayashi's cinematic incarnation, in hopes that its not as bad as I've been told. Perhaps with Umezu's words and images still fresh in my mind, it will all make sense. Although Orochi really didn't cut the mustard. I probably would have enjoyed the film more had I not read Umezu's manga.

I've also coined some phrases as of late. The latest is What Would Riki Takeuchi Do, or WWRTD. Remember you read it here first.

No comments: