Friday, August 01, 2008

I am the worlds laziest filmmaker. Not that I have a problem with that. I'm lazy when it comes to everything in life, not just make films, so I think its pretty acceptable. I'm even writing this blog a week and a half late. But thats not the point.

The point is, my short, 'Walter' screened at Drop Your Shorts, a local film festival held at the Revue Theatre here in Toronto every few months. It was a good time. It re-affirmed how much I enjoy watching a film I've made with an audience, now of this internet crap. Sure it gets you the widest audience these days unless you produce Hollywood drivel, but, as David Lynch said, "Films aren't meant to be played on a fucking phone." And I agree. More cinema please. Below is a link to Walter.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die


I also happened to run into former Sim employee John Baxter, who had some work screened that night. His shining moment is below. Its spectacularly funny stuff. If you like zany, monty pythonesque stuff.

No comments: